November 22, 2009

Announcing Jen's blog for COP15!

I promised that I would blog for the Copenhagen Conference on Climate Change - and I am actually going to do it! So Eric, here is the first and possibly only time I am going to blog for several days straight!

To keep up with my posts, you can subscribe for notices. Just hit the subscribe button at the bottom of the post (by the comments area).

I actually don't leave until December 4, but here I will post parts of my research, what I am told the experience is going to be like and my concerns about the Conference.

None of the comments here represent the official position of the League of Women Voters of the United States.

Recent media coverage of my trip: Is your city green? Sierra Club on the hunt to find out (Orange County Register)

Announcement of delegation by the League of Women Voters
LWV recently secured its official Observer status for the United Nations Framework Climate Change Conference (UNFCCC) in Copenhagen this December. The following League members were selected to serve as delegates to the conference: Carole Conors, (MD), Chair of the LWV Lobby Corps; Sarah Diefendorf, former LWVUS Board member and Chair of the Climate Change Task Force (CA); Ellyn Murphy, (WA), LWVUS Climate Change Task Force; Jennifer Searfoss,(CA); Ellen (Mel) Bromberg, (WI); Claire Vanderslice, (WI);and Lauralee Barbaria, (CA). All of these delegates have taken an active role in working on climate change issues both for the LWV and in their professional work; they are making this trip at their own expense as representatives of the LWV. Special thanks to Doris Schapira, LWV UN Observer, for her work in navigating the successful application process. We are proud to have our own delegation on the ground keeping us informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment